Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Knifty Knitting


Over the last few days I decided to try something new and different for me. A couple of weeks ago, I bought myself the Knifty Knitter Round Loom Series while on a trip to Hobby Lobby to get some more luscious Yarn. I started simple with a child's hat. It is worked on the red loom, with two strands of yarn held together. It's not that it is hard to do or even very complicated, but to me it seems to be easier just to knit regularly. I think I am also faster knitting on a round knitting needle or two regular needles. The other thing I noticed is that my hands seemed to hurt faster holding on to the loom. Now that might just be me, maybe because it was more awkward to me. Well Uncle Arthur is letting me know that I might not want to do that again anytime soon. But here is the finished product. What do you all think? Did it at least come out ok? I call it Mr. Halloween (haha so original).



It got a little to stretched on the stayre-head, but I didn't have a child's size. I also think now that I should have made the bottom border wider. Oh well, it was my first try after all.

My second project for the weekend was another scarf. Once again knitted with Deborah Norville Everyday soft worsted, color "Moss". It took two skeins.




The pictures were taken outdoors in front of my employers house. Don't you just love the deer? Well it made a good model for the scarf and the hat. Even Deer need to stay warm, right?

I also did a little browsing through this book: 400 Knitting stitches. There are some very beautiful stitches in this book, but to me some look very complicated. I plan on trying out a few of them in the near future. Wish me luck. I might improve my knitting skills yet.



Well for today I bit you all Farewell. See you next time!

2 comments:

  1. Cool hat.. Well you know I love the looms... Its really good for a first hat and sounds like you did it correct with 2 strands held together as one.. nice size brim.. its all good.. love the scarf..I hate scarfs they take forever why I don't know... Now see Getting back to the looms I have mucho problems with crocheting and needle knitting which I am trying to learn... I don' hurt with looms but do with needles... oh man.. 30 minutes of needles and i can stop for hours.. whereas I can work the looms for hours and not hurt....each person is different I guess...anyhow all looks good....hugs Mausie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that you name your projects. I do too and my family thinks it's hilarious. Great site and writing.

    Marie @ http://123craftcafe.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...